VB SERVICE UPDATE FROM NEW REALM BREWING CO.
Virginia Beach, VA – May 12, 2020
New Realm Guests, Community and Friends:
Since closing our Virginia Beach restaurant on March 20, we’ve been working as hard as possible to be prepared for a safe and responsible re-opening. In considering when and how to open, we set the following goals for ourselves:
- Be thoughtful and well informed when evaluating re-opening.
- Create the safest possible environment for our community of employees, guests and vendors.
- Set the standard for operating a facility like ours under these conditions.
- Meet and, where appropriate for our business, exceed all local, state and federal guidelines and industry benchmarks.
We have spent the past eight weeks preparing as a team to re-open New Realm Virginia Beach. Our preparations have included exhaustive best practice reviews, relying on inputs from across our industry and our business partners. To date, we’ve undertaken the following steps related to our Virginia Beach facility and operations:
- Provided extensive operational safety training to service, sanitization, and security staff.
- Front of house, back of house and operations teams have deep cleaned and sanitized the facility.
- Developed enhanced standardized procedures in an effort to increase our focus on touchless processes and sanitation protocols.
- Implemented guidelines that ensure all employees wear masks and rubber gloves.
- Implemented a process to temperature check all employees and all guests upon arrival.
- Employees are required to answer questions regarding any symptoms and possible exposure upon arrival
- We have established dedicated entry points and prohibit all nonessential in-person visits and tours
- Developed a comprehensive signage plan designed to provide clear direction to our guests to avoid unnecessary or unsafe contact in and around our facility.
- Developed a new ordering process designed to ensure proper social distancing and limited touchpoints.
- Spaced tables farther apart than the recommended guidelines and limiting groups to 10 or less guests per table.
- Developed bathroom guidelines focused on sanitation and distancing, and installed foot openers on all the guest bathroom doors.
- Added fulltime sanitation specialists who will actively clean and sanitize all touchable surfaces on a frequent schedule.
- Installed hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility for guests to use. New Realm hand sanitizer has also been stocked in our kitchen, behind bars and at each point of sale and service station.
We are very proud of the entire New Realm Family. We have found a way to keep our staff employed, pull together as a team and remain true to our core values. We will continue to monitor the situation and change plans as necessary.
Thank you very much and please stay well,
Co-Founder and CEO, New Realm Brewing
# # #